Disappearing navbar

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Baseball, Math and Poison Ivy

What do all these things have in common?  My family.  

Lately, I have felt the need to be home more.  The tipping point was a call from home with my 8yo son screaming in pain in the background from a severe poison ivy reaction.  My teenager was at a loss.  Thankfully, I am only minutes away.  I realize, I could just as easily have been grocery shopping or out of town, but I wasn't.  I was at the store, on a day without a single customer.

My children can and do cover some of my limited hours but as they get older, and with having five very unique kids, their activities and needs will only increase.  Since a good portion of my customers continue to shop at the "big box" store first and then come to me, I feel my time could be better spent with my family.

I am so very thankful for all of you who have faithfully shopped with me over the years.  I have really enjoyed meeting new people and creating with everyone.  I love to serve.  I'm sure I will find another way to do it.

That said, I am not closing the store immediately.  

My first step is to put it out there that I am looking for someone to rent the store from a just few square feet up to 100%.  If only interested in a portion of the space, arrangements would have to be made for sharing.

I won't have a big, get rid of everything sale.  Everything has already been 20% off since the day I opened with 50 cent 12x12 paper.  That's a great deal.  Not 20% off one item, but everything purchased.  No shipping cost.  Not a lot of gas.  That's pretty awesome.  I will continue to have items available for sale.  I will probably do a monthly card class and a monthly crop locally where items will be for sale.  Perhaps do some online sales.  We'll see.

So, nothing changing today.  I will be here until I'm not.  If you know of anyone who wants a small space to try to get a business off the ground, this is a wonderful opportunity.  Give me a call.

Thankyou for creating with me,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment!