Disappearing navbar

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Homemade Flourish Card

I have been eyeing the beautiful flourishes using rhinestones and pearls for a while now but it really ups the cost of my layouts and cards!  I decided to try to make my own.
Freehand was a failure I won't even show a picture of so here is what I did second...

I used an old flourish stamp from an Inque Boutique and stamped it on white cardstock.  Next, I cut the edges off some clear, plastic package I had and taped it over the stamped image.  The last thing I did was use my awesome Pearl Pens from Viva Decor to put on dots.  I initially tried Liquid Pearls from Ranger but they came out pokey.  The Pearl Pen smoothed itself into a pretty dot.  I usually really like Ranger products but they need to work on the Liquid Pearls!

In the top photo you can see the sunny yellow Pearl Pen I put over the pokey white opal Liquid Pearl bumps.  I finished covering with sunny yellow and cut out a piece of the flourish after they dried.  I still have more of the flourish to use on another project later!

Now here's the card I made with it...

Have fun playing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment!